Instagram Releases 2012 Top Ten Locations For Photos
Bangkok was the most popular place to take photos this year—or at least the most popular location to post them to Instagram. The photo-sharing app released its Top 10 most popular locations list for 2012, and first on the list was Suvarnabhumi Airport in Thailand where 100,000 photos were taken this year with Instagram. First runner-up was Bankok’s Siam Paragon shopping mall.
What? No Disneyland? What about the Eiffel Tower or Times Square? Surely those are more popular photo ops, right? Although the popular tourist attractions made the list, Instagram’s massive popularity in Thailand likely attributed to the country earning the top two spots. Just hit Instagram’s “Explore” tab late at night and see how many photos pop up from the Bangkok area.
The remainder of the Top 10 list is rather predictable, including tourist attractions and sports arenas, mostly in the Los Angeles area:
1. Suvarnabhumi Airport – Bangkok, Thailand
2. Siam Paragon shopping mall – Bangkok, Thailand
3. Disneyland Park – Anaheim, California
4. Times Square – New York, New York
5. AT&T Park – San Francisco, California
6. Los Angeles International Airport – Los Angeles, California
7. Dodger Stadium – Los Angeles, California
8. Eiffel Tower – Paris, France
9. Staples Center – Los Angeles, California
10. Santa Monica Pier – Los Angeles, California
[Image via ben bryant/Shutterstock]