Mexican Man Accidentally Shoots Himself In The Head While Taking A Selfie
Apparently selfies aren’t just annoying. They’re also dangerous. The New York Daily News reported that a 21-year-old veterinarian recently died after shooting himself in the head while taking a dangerous selfie for Facebook. Oscar Otero Aguilar had reportedly been drinking with some buddies in Mexico City over the weekend when he pointed the loaded gun at his head for the picture. The 0.45 caliber weapon fired hitting him right in his temple.
Officers who arrived on the scene as a result of neighbors calling in the gunshot found him alive, but he was declared dead shortly after.
One of his friends was detained later for questioning, but another friend, who is currently only known by his nickname “El Paco,” has since gone on the run.
Oddly enough, this isn’t the first accidental death of its kind. Earlier this year, the Mirror reported on a young Russian female who died by electrocution while taking a selfie from a bridge and falling onto a high voltage line. The Mirror also ran a story about another young woman who was engaged to be married and had her car hit by a truck mere minutes after uploading a behind the wheel selfie onto Facebook.