NBC/Parks And Recreation
Valentine’s Day is a day for celebrating the love between two people in a committed relationship. While this can, and often does, include couples, it’s important to remember and honor that most sacred of bonds: the bond between best friends. Here are 21 reasons why best friends make the best Valentines; shout your platonic love from the rooftops!
1. They make you realize you don’t need to be in a relationship to feel sexy.
2. You both have the same goals for Valentine’s Day.
3. You’ll always have someone to complain to.
4. You never have to worry about making elaborate, romantic plans.
5. Best friends aren’t afraid to say what they really feel.
6. They’ll bring candy, but won’t allow you to eat until you regret it.
7. Although they’ll never judge you for eating too much.
8. You always have a date on Valentine’s Day when you have a best friend.
9. Best friends don’t beat around the bush.
10. You know they’ll always show you a good time.
11. But you never have to worry about putting together a nice outfit.
12. They know how to make you feel better when you’re lonely.
13. Best friends always tell you what you want to hear.
14. Even though your relationship is platonic, you can still gaze lovingly into each other’s eyes.
15. Your spats are always brief and fairly minor.
16. Your relationship isn’t complicated.
17. Best friends can totally be life partners.
18. They’ll carry you to the bedroom if necessary.
19. They’re not afraid to show you some love.
20. They know how to plan a great date.
21. They’ll always be there for you.