17 Easy Ways To Get Free Stuff
It’s our mission to make money matters a little less insane. We provide financial editorial content free for all and are supported by some of our affiliate partners included in this post which earns us a commission. We hope you enjoy our content and subscribe to our newsletter.
Think about how much money you burn each month. Rent or mortgage. Car payment. Insurance. Groceries. Credit card. Phone. Internet. The list of bills is seemingly endless.
Now think about all of the ways you would save money if you turned some of this stuff into free stuff. Free gift cards to your favorite stores. Free trials on entertainment subscriptions. Free money from cutting subscriptions and negotiating bills.
There are so many opportunities to get free stuff — perhaps in ways you’ve never thought about!
Check out these 17 easy ways to claim free stuff!
1. Get Rewards and Cash for Watching Videos Online
If you already consider yourself a certified YouTube junkie, here’s a perfect way for you to get free stuff: watching videos!
That’s really all there is to it. There are different sites that will give you gift cards, cards, and other rewards, simply for watching their content. A couple of the better options include Swagbucks and InboxDollars.
- Swagbucks members earn roughly 7,000 free gift cards every day — all for watching videos and taking surveys on the platform. Want to get some for yourself? When you sign up with Swagbucks, you’ll even get a $10 welcome bonus!
- InboxDollars allows you to watch movie trailers, cooking demonstrations, and other short videos to you rack up points that can be redeemed for all kinds of rewards. You can also take surveys, read emails, and play games to double down on rewards. Score a $5 welcome bonus just for signing up!
2. Win Free Stuff for Taking Surveys Online
Do you like having your opinion heard? Do you like when companies take your input and use it to develop better products and services?
Well, get this — there are so many different companies that are actually hungry for your opinion. By filling out their surveys online, you can win all sorts of free stuff — from gift cards to your favorite stores to good old cash!
To do this, there are plenty of survey sites you can join. Two of the best options are Survey Junkie and PointClub.
- Survey Junkie allows you to collect points for taking surveys, which can then be redeemed for various rewards — including Amazon and Target gift cards, or payment through PayPal! On Survey Junkie, you’ll find that points are fairly easy to come by, so sign up and start getting free stuff!
- MyPoints allows members to not only rack up points for taking surveys but also get coupon codes to more than 2,000 retailers for up to 40% off! Plus, you can sign up today and get a $10 welcome bonus!
3. Take Advantage of Coupon and Deal Sites
It’s likely that you blow money on purchases every day without claiming coupons and deals. In reality, these savings could be pretty significant.
Well, check this out — there are all sorts of daily deal sites, coupon apps, and cashback apps that will not only make the process of saving money through coupons and deals easy but also offer opportunities to claim free stuff!
Buy-one-get-one (BOGO) offers and giveaways alike can be claimed when you sign up with any of these sites:
- Voiced Market is home to all kinds of awesome deals that allow you to save up to 95% on everyday purchases. You can take advantage of these deals, coupons, and freebies when you subscribe to Voiced Market. The site will deliver top offers to your inbox as they drop!
- Ibotta helps members save on purchases from Walgreens, Target, and other popular stores. To date, users have earned over $700,000,000 and have scored tons of free stuff in the process. Get in on the savings and get a $20 welcome bonus just for signing up!
4. Test Out Some Free Product Samples
Companies are constantly handing out free samples in the hope that you’ll fall in love with their products and eventually give them your business.
Of course, you can stroll through your local grocery store or mall and pick up free samples as you find them. But check this out — you can make getting free samples a whole lot easier by signing up for them online!
Pinch Me, for example, is a company that will let you try out a whole bunch of products for free! No credit cards. No trial periods. No shipping fees.
All you have to do is sign up, create a profile so that the company knows what products you like, and then RSVP to the company’s Sample Tuesday event! This will allow you to create your own custom sample boxes.
Want in on the fun? Sign up for Pinch Me today and start getting free stuff delivered to your doorstep!
5. Take Advantage of Free Trial Periods
You can tap into a wealth of free entertainment by signing up for free trials to subscription services!
Whether you’re interested in free snack boxes, fitness subscriptions, or TV streaming services, there are so many different options to choose from.
And what’s more is that most of these free trials don’t even require a credit card, contract, or other obligation to sign up.
Get a free trial with Blue Bottle and have specialty coffee delivered to your home. Take advantage of an Amazon Prime free trial for a month of fast shipping, savings, and free entertainment. The possibilities are endless!
6. Get Free Food and Delivery
Craving a burger? Have a hankering for Chinese food?
There are dozens of ways to get free food from some of your favorite restaurants and establishments, and they require little more than a simple email signup or app download!
Then there are all sorts of ways to claim free food delivery, too.
In a pinch and need something delivered to you for free? Food delivery service DoorDash will deliver your first order with them for a $0 delivery fee!
Need your fix of pizza but don’t feel like leaving the house? There are multiple ways to get free Pizza Hut delivery!
7. Take Advantage of Free TV Streaming
Like to spend your evenings catching up on your favorite TV shows or watching new movies?
Well, these can be free, too!
There are a host of different free TV streaming options to check out — alternatives to cable TV that will that will allow you to break up with your cable company for good.
Sling TV, for example, is a streaming TV service that offers a 7-day free trial. Then there are even tons of channels that offer their own streaming services. There are a handful of ways to get free HBO alone!
And we’re just scratching the surface. There are even free TV apps that will allow you to access a wealth of entertainment options from your phone.
8. Get Free Stuff for Your Home
Furniture can get expensive. By the time you’ve added a sofa, chairs, coffee tables, and cabinets, you could be out thousands of dollars.
Well, check this out — there are dozens of ways to get free furniture, whether it’s by monitoring social media groups where people are looking to give stuff away or by keeping an eye on sites like Craigslist and Reddit!
Plus, these sites typically offer much more than just furniture. Get everything from dinnerware to tablecloths and more for free!
And that’s just the free stuff for your home. Have you thought about your living arrangement itself? There are a handful of ways to live rent-free!
9. Earn Rebates on Everyday Purchases
One area you might be overlooking as a well of potential savings is rebates.
Traditionally, a rebate would require you to bring your offer into the physical store or mail it in to claim money back. But today, there are sites that make your earnings automatic. Some of these sites will give you 5%, 10%, even 20% back on your purchases.
And then there are sites that offer up to 100% off — like Rebaid, for example, a site that offers rebates on purchases from ecommerce giant Amazon. Whenever you make an Amazon purchase and claim your rebate, you’ll get your money in as soon as three days!
Sign up with Rebaid today and start getting free money back for the stuff you’re already buying!
10. Try Your Luck with Sweepstakes
When entering sweepstakes, you’ve got nothing to lose but a whole lot of awesome free stuff to gain.
Many of these drawings are for low-ticket items, such as gift cards, movie tickets, and company merchandise. But some sweepstakes offer huge luxury items — everything from cars to cruises to flights and much more.
Be sure to curb your expectations a little. You’re not going to win every time; but the time that you do, you’ll be thankful that you tried your luck!
Remember to keep the competition’s rules in mind when entering, and prioritize your privacy above all else. If you sense that a drawing is suspicious, it probably is!
11. Take Advantage of Free Gift Cards
Who doesn’t love a free gift card?
There are so many different ways to get free gift cards. In fact, hundreds of companies give them away every day, and you can easily jump on the bandwagon!
Love shopping on Amazon? Who doesn’t! The company is always dishing out gift cards to their enormous online marketplace, and there are plenty of ways to score your own Amazon gift cards.
Find yourself strolling through Walmart deparment stores regularly? There are always all sorts of ways to get free Walmart gift cards, too!
12. Claim Company Bonus Offers
Did you know that there are companies that will give you bonus offers, simply for subscribing to their email lists or trying out their services?
These offers range from small giveaways to high-value bonuses!
Credible, for example, will give you up to a $300 bonus for refinancing your student loans with them — a move that allows you to replace your current student loans with a new loan that has a potentially lower interest rate.
This could ultimately save you thousands in interest fees! And Credible makes it easy to check your refinancing rates without any impact to your credit score.
In two minutes, you’ll get up to 10 lending options in one place. When you’ve compared options and found a loan that works for you, you can apply without any application fees, origination fees, or prepayment fees on your new loan!
Claim your free $300 bonus by refinancing with the company today!
13. Get Free Stuff with Your Library Card
When you think of free stuff, your local library might not be the first to spring to mind.
Yet libraries are filled with all kinds of free entertainment mediums — books, movies, TV shows, music, audiobooks, and more!
If you don’t already have a library card, sign up for one. You’ll be able to take a trip down to your library, borrow items at no cost, and simply return them when you’re done.
Depending on your library, you may even be able to download resources, renew borrowed items, and check out the latest entertainment options right on your library’s website!
14. Claim Free Money by Cutting Extra Subscriptions and Costly Bills
Free stuff is great but free money is even better.
Those subscriptions you haven’t used in months, those expensive bills that eat away at your checking account — you can cut costs with quite literally the click of a button, and here’s how.
Truebill is an app that will remind you of the subscriptions you’ve forgotten about and cancel them for you (with your permission, of course).
What’s more is that the app will automatically negotiate your bills for you, finding you better rates on your cable bill, phone bill, or other bills. That’s right — no more sitting on the phone and debating terms with company representatives. Truebill does all of the work for you!
Ready to start? Simply download the Truebill app and claim all of that free money today!
15. Use Credit Cards to Get Free Cashback
Could there be any easier way to get free money than earning cashback whenever you buy something?
With a few good cashback credit cards, you’ll be able to earn a percentage back on your purchases, whether it’s gas, food, groceries, or entertainment!
Check out the ABOC Platinum Rewards credit card, for example. With this card in your wallet, you’ll earn a point on every dollar spent. Not only does it have no annual fee but it also comes with a $150 statement credit that will kick in once you’ve spent $1,200 during your first three months!
There are plenty of others options, as well. Choose from a list of cashback credit cards. These cards come with all sorts of perks — no annual fees, 1.5% cashback rates, and welcome bonuses galore!
Just be mindful that you’ll need to have good or excellent credit in order to get your hands on some of these cards.
16. Get Free Credit Score Monitoring
If your credit score is getting in the way buying a new home, purchasing a new car, or getting your hands on good credit cards, it’s in your best interest to build your credit.
But how do you do that if you don’t know where you stand?
Well, here’s a free solution: Credit Sesame offers free credit monitoring, a service that will allow you to keep an eye on your score and work towards improving it!
This company will provide your latest TransUnion credit score when it comes out and give you tips on how to raise it. Plus, the service even offers free ID protection, making you aware whenever there’s a security threat to your identity!
Join Credit Sesame today and take advantage of this free service!
17. Get Free Auto Insurance Quotes to Slash Your Premiums
Car insurance can turn into a painful expense, even if you’ve stayed with the same company for a long time. Over time, your rate may creep up inexplicably.
Fortunately, there are auto insurance companies that offer free quotes and may be able to help you save big on your auto insurance in the process!
Liberty Mutual is one company that makes the auto insurance shopping experience a breeze. In minutes, you could potentially get a better rate and speedy, hassle-free coverage.
Drivers who switch over to Liberty Mutual save $586 on average each year. And that’s just auto! Bundle your new auto policy with homeowners or renters insurance and you could potentially save an average of $842 each year!
Get your free online quote with Liberty Mutual today and check out what you could be saving!
(BONUS) for Business Owners: Take Advantage of All This Free Stuff
Businesses need free stuff too — especially startups, small businesses, and those without the capital of a highly profitable company.
There are a handful of offers out there to claim, ranging from free advertising to free blog sites and much more. If you’re a business owner, here are a few valuable offers to get you started:
- Novo is an online banking platform designed for startups, businesses, and freelancers. As a member, you’ll enjoy no monthly fees, no hidden fees, and no minimum balance requirements, as well as free transfers and refunds on ATM fees.
- Animoto is a platform that helps businesses create professional animated videos without any editing experience needed. Through the platform’s simple drag-and-drop tool, you’ll be able to weave templates, photos, and music into your own masterpiece in minutes. Get Animoto’s free trial today and see what it’s all about!
- Constant Contact allows you to craft and launch impressive email campaigns from the platform’s many responsive templates. You can then monitor your campaign’s performance in real time by using its built-in tracking tool. Claim a free trial today and start reaching your prospects and customers more effectively!
- Microsoft Advertising allows you to reach potential customers across the Yahoo, Bing, and MSN search engines. Sign up, spend just $25, and you’ll earn a free $100 credit!
Can I Get Free Stuff Without a Credit Card?
If you’re not eager to add your credit card when signing up for free stuff, there’s good news — with many of these options, you don’t have to!
There are networks, marketplaces, and certain sites that give free stuff away all the time — often requiring little more than a name, email, or home address.
Then there are other companies that require your credit card for free trials. After your free trial periods end, you may be charged. If you don’t want to be charged for another month of the service, be sure to keep an eye on your trial’s end date so that you can cancel in time.
Finally, there are companies that require your credit card because a purchase is required to get their free stuff. These may include bonus and welcome offers!
How to Avoid Free Stuff Scams
Although you might be eager to claim as much free stuff as possible, it’s wise to keep an eye out for any scams, too. No free item is worth risking your identity or bank account.
Take caution whenever you see any of the following warning signs:
- Free stuff that you have to pay for.
- Free stuff that requires you to provide a lot of personal information.
- Free stuff from unsecured websites. These put your information at risk.
- Free stuff with unrealistic offers (i.e. $1,000 credits, $500 signup bonuses)
- Free stuff sites that have poor reviews.
Don’t Let All This Free Stuff Go to Waste!
Life can get expensive, and it’s easy to work up your financial stress when you have bills and expenses flying at you left and right.
Why pay too much on these kinds of purchases, when you could be claiming free offers all over the internet?
Take advantage of some of this free stuff today. If you don’t claim it, guess what? Someone will!