50 Rules Every Entrepreneur Should Live By
They say that hindsight is 20/20. Unfortunately, you can’t know now what you’ll know later. What you can do is learn from those that have come before you. When you get down to brass tacks, there are some pretty basic rules that every entrepreneur should live by.
1. Failure is OK.
2. All it takes is one “Yes.”
3. You can not work as a part time entrepreneur if you want to be a full time success.
4. Consider people’s opinions but don’t be controlled by them.
6. Best friends don’t always make the best business partners.
7. Connections will only get you so far.
8. Take the time to write out a business plan.
9. Say “no” more than you say “yes.”
10. Be able to concisely sell your business in 30 seconds or less.
11. Know what motivates you.
12. Constantly seek constructive criticism.
14. No guts, no glory.
15. Do not be discouraged by failure.
16. Don’t waste your time on activities that don’t generate money.
17. Good customer service can get you everywhere.
18. Network with people and entrepreneurs that you want to emulate.
19. Maintain your integrity.
20. Stay on budget.
21. A good support system is priceless.
22. Network anywhere and everywhere.
23. Sometimes you just have to go with your gut.
24. Don’t burn bridges.
25. Understand cash flow.
26. Be flexible.
27. Don’t forget to take care of yourself.
28. Keep yourself sharp; learn something new every day.
30. Have an exit strategy.
31. Don’t try to tackle everything yourself.
32. Never stop dreaming.
33. Be your own biggest fan; if you’re not buying it no one else is either.
34. Set realistic expectations of yourself and others.
35. Have short and long term goals.
36. Pick a supportive partner.
38. You need a Plan B, C, and D.
39. Know how to maintain a poker face; you never know when you might need one.
40. Take ownership of every aspect of your business.
41. Sometimes you just shouldn’t over think it.
42. And other times you really should.
43. Never forget that what drives you.
44. Don’t undervalue your product or services.
45. Always be innovating.
46. Dress for the job or position you want to have.
47. Maintain a personal life.
48. Always negotiate.
49. Make decisions confidently.
50. Cover your a$$.
Become An Exclusive Member Of Wall Street Insanity